Why wait to make that special purchase? Whether it’s a gift, special occasion or a well-deserved treat, Interest Free Credit gives you the flexibility to spread your payments over 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36 months depending on the value of your order. All we ask is that you provide us with a 10% deposit. The maximum repayment period for sale or discounted products is 12 months.
Please note: Interest Free Credit is not allowed on sale/discounted products in our showrooms.
Explore our extensive selection of luxury watches from the world's finest Swiss watchmakers, and discover new and exclusive designs in our exquisite diamond collection.
If you're thinking of applying for Interest Free Credit, please be sure to read our complete guidance information below.
Interest Free Credit minimum spend
|Term || |
Minimum Credit Balance
The credit advertised is provided by one credit provider with whom we have a commercial relationship.
How does Interest Free Credit work?
1. Interest Free Credit is only available on orders that do not contain sale items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
2. To apply for Interest Free Credit, simply Sign in if you already have an account with us. If you are new to Goldsmiths.co.uk then you will have to create an account.
3. Having selected the item you wish to purchase, proceed to checkout and select ‘Home Delivery’.
A couple of things to be aware of:
- If you choose Click and Collect you will not be offered Interest Free Credit as a payment option.
- All Interest Free Credit orders must be delivered to your billing address – this is the address your credit card is registered to and the address Hitachi Finance will review your application against.
- Before your credit application is processed, Goldsmiths will take payment for your selected deposit amount as a Pre-Authorised transaction. If your application is unsuccessful, the deposit will be returned to your account's available balance within 5 working days.
4. Next click ‘Continue to Payment’, selecting Interest Free Credit from the options and click ‘Apply for IFC’.
We have a number of terms available over 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36 months, you will only be able to select the payment terms applicable depending on the value of your order.
5. We will then ask you for your credit card details to place the deposit for your order. Once you are happy with everything, click 'Place Deposit'.
Unfortunately deposits cannot be paid using Paypal or Gift Cards.
6. You will now be diverted to the application form for your Interest Free Credit plan. Enter all of the information that is applicable to you. Once the form as been completed and submitted, you will be given the option of either printing off the application form or request that the forms are sent to you by post.
7. BEFORE YOUR ORDER IS AUTHORISED FOR GOLDSMITHS.CO.UK TO DESPATCH, YOU MUST SIGN AND RETURN THE FORMS TO:
Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance,
2 Apex View,
8. The finance company will process your application and once accepted, we will receive notification. We will ONLY despatch your order once we have received notification that your application has been successful.
- Interest Free Credit is unavailable on the purchase of sale items or Gift Cards.
- Some terms available online may not be available in our showrooms.
- Interest Free Credit cannot be used in conjunction with any discount, promotional codes or cashback websites. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
- Unfortunately deposits for Interest Free Credit orders cannot be paid using Paypal.
Please note when considering returning items bought with Interest Free Credit, the order must be returned in full to Goldsmiths.
This means that if, for example, you have purchased three items through Interest Free Credit but would like to return one of those items, then all three items must be returned to us.
Declined credit applications
If your application is declined by Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance, you will be notified within 15 seconds of submitting the online form.
You will have the option to print the declined letter which will provide you with an overview of why your application has been cancelled.
You also have the option to request your credit details from Experian for an administrative fee of £2. You will need to post a cheque, along with your name and address details to the address below.
Experian Help Service
P.O. Box 8000
If you still feel unhappy about the decision, you can write to Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance and request further details about your application. Please clearly state the reason that you are writing and provide your name, address and postcode. Post these details to:
Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance
2 Apex View
Interest Free Credit FAQ’s
Once my application is approved, what happens next?
Within minutes of your application being approved, you will be presented with the option to sign your credit agreement. If you are offered the ability e-sign your credit agreement and choose to do so, a PDF of your credit agreement will be displayed on screen. You should read the credit agreement carefully before clicking all the relevant sections agreeing to its terms. Once you have agreed to the terms of the credit agreement Goldsmiths.co.uk will be notified and you need do nothing more. If you are presented with the ability to print and return your credit agreement you should print the PDF agreement, read it carefully and then sign the document following the instructions on the covering letter. This signed document should then be posted to the address shown on the covering letter of the credit agreement. Note that products will not be allocated to your order until your completed and signed agreement is returned and received by Hitachi Capital. Shipment of your goods will follow soon after your agreement has been returned to our finance company.
Will you credit score me and if so, what does this mean?
Credit scoring is the process used by financial services companies to evaluate the credit risk of new applicants. This technique will be applied to your application for online finance. Credit scoring works by awarding points for each answer given on the application form such as age, income and occupation, together with information obtained from credit reference agencies. This information allows us to produce consistent decisions, ensuring all our applicants are treated fairly. Credit scoring does not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, religion or disability.
If you decline my application, what is the reason?
In addition to credit scoring, we also take into account confirmation of your identity, validation of certain application details, existing commitments and information held at the credit reference agencies. Though we are unable to provide you with a main reason for decline of your application, it is usually based on one, or a combination of the following:
- Your credit score (note that every finance company will score you differently)
- Adverse credit reference agency information
- You are considered to be overcommitted
- You are aged under 18
- Your existing account performance with other lenders
What type of information do credit reference agencies hold about me?
Some of the information is public information, for example electoral roll, County Court Judgements and bankruptcies. Other lenders may also file information about accounts you hold with them for instance this could include your payment history and outstanding balance on these accounts. Any requests for credit, where a credit reference search has been undertaken, will also be filed, although the result of the request is not recorded.
How do I obtain a copy of this information?
You should send a cheque for £2.00 made payable to the relevant company, together with details of all addresses at which you have lived over the last 6 years:
Consumer Help Desk Experian Limited PO Box 8000 Nottingham NG1 5GX
Equifax Ltd., Credit File Advice Centre. PO Box 1140. Bradford, BD1 5US
Consumer Services, Callcredit Limited, PO Box 491, LEEDS, LS3 1WZ
The above listed agencies will provide details of information relating via these addresses. If you believe that the information is incorrect, you can ask the agency to correct it.
If my application is not successful, can I re-apply?
Yes. We acknowledge that your circumstances change and just because we have refused a previous application, it does not mean that we'll automatically turn down a further request. We do suggest however, that you leave at least 6 months between applications.
Who is eligible to apply for online finance?
To apply for finance, you must be over the age of 18, work at least 16 hours a week, or be retired with an income. You must also be a resident of the United Kingdom and have lived in the UK for the last 12 months or more. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer online finance to residents of Eire. Homemakers aren't excluded from applying under their own names; however we will require the employment details of your spouse in order to process your application.
Can I request delivery to an address other than my home?
In order to safeguard against fraudulent applications, we regret that we're able only to deliver goods to the home address of the applicant. Saturday morning deliveries can be arranged if this is more convenient for you.
If you're thinking of making a purchase using Interest Free Credit, discover what's new in our diamond collection or view the latest timepieces in our watch collection.